change
I decided to minor in Spanish and within a week it was already declared. I guess it was an impulse decision but that's the beauty of being able to make decisions. You can do whatever you want at any given time. I think that my whole life I've struggled between having to choose what everyone wanted me to do versus what I want to do. It took me too long to finally gather the strength to finally do things how I wanted, when I wanted, and if I wanted. I don't necessarily blame my parents. They were just raised different. Growing up in Mexico, things were much more traditional. Different from American-traditional. So I know it took them time to adapt to the fact I was going to do what I wanted even if they didn't have that option growing up. I'm not talking about going out with friends and stuff, it's more decisions like going to school and such. But then again, when they left Mexico almost 20 years ago, that was them finally saying, we are going to do what we want and set our own course for our own eyes. Thank god they chose the route they did. I wouldn't be who I am without being where I physically grew up.
We really have the choice to decide to go to school or work, every time. I guess we just think we don't because we know what is expected of us. We don't have to turn in that paper if we genuinely don't want to. Yea, we might suffer from the bad grades and wasted money on class...but we still don't have to do anything if we don't want to. No one is going to forcefully sit us down and physically make us type a paper. That's kinda tight. I'm also not saying don't do your paper. We can not be out here just losing points because we are lazy. Classes are not cheap. (Me deciding to care about my grades and pay too much money for this stuff is a choice).
I think I've been doing too much philosophy stuff. I read the material for that class and just sit in confusion until I reread it 12 times and finally start to understand the stuff. I actually really like philosophy but I think it would be really hard to make a career out of it. It's also only fun to learn about when certain things are applicable to my life. The readings are no joke, either. Imagine if we talked how they wrote. I would never want to listen to anyone ever again. Another choice of mine.
We really have the choice to decide to go to school or work, every time. I guess we just think we don't because we know what is expected of us. We don't have to turn in that paper if we genuinely don't want to. Yea, we might suffer from the bad grades and wasted money on class...but we still don't have to do anything if we don't want to. No one is going to forcefully sit us down and physically make us type a paper. That's kinda tight. I'm also not saying don't do your paper. We can not be out here just losing points because we are lazy. Classes are not cheap. (Me deciding to care about my grades and pay too much money for this stuff is a choice).
I think I've been doing too much philosophy stuff. I read the material for that class and just sit in confusion until I reread it 12 times and finally start to understand the stuff. I actually really like philosophy but I think it would be really hard to make a career out of it. It's also only fun to learn about when certain things are applicable to my life. The readings are no joke, either. Imagine if we talked how they wrote. I would never want to listen to anyone ever again. Another choice of mine.
I think it's great you're really thinking about yourself and how your choices are going to influence you the most, hope the minor in Spanish goes great, that was definitely something I gave thought about in the past. I understand Spanish more than I can speak it, but it would be great if I can speak it like the rest of my family does
ReplyDelete