So I saw this tweet...

I think I was the only person who was actually ready to come back to school. Do not get me wrong, I had a great summer but I got tired of having too much free time. I did not know there was such a thing. By mid- August I was tired of feeling like I did not have a purpose in life because by then, all I did was work. When I was a freshman, I think I dreaded the arrival of a new school year because I was nervous for new beginnings. Now, being a sophomore, I already had an idea of what to expect.
I woke up Monday morning feeling excited to start the new year but that was quickly deterred when I pulled into the parking lot at about 10 AM and was welcomed by a completely full lot- the one nearest to my class. Rewind to about a week ago, I paid $180 for a little flimsy sticker that would save me from getting ticketed in the parking lots at school. UM, I do not know about you guys but $180 on top of having to pay a ridiculous amount towards tuition was not something I was excited to do. My bank account was already taking hits from every angle- books, bills, and back to school supplies. If I am expected to pay so much to attend Lewis, the least they could do is ensure me a parking spot that doesn't require me to leave an hour before class. Am I asking too much?
I don't really understand why we pay so much for the things we do. Where does my $180 go? I know we are not the only school who experiences this issue. My friends at JJC and COD go through the same parking issues and we often find ourselves complaining about similar topics even when we go to completely different schools. I need someone to just break down where our money goes. Every single dollar. Then maybe it would make sense and I could understand why those who have classes starting at 10 or later need to start their commute at 8 AM just to find parking. (Maybe I am exaggerating but you get the point).
I read this tweet a few days ago that said we should just stop encouraging students to go to college because there is simply not enough parking. It went viral with thousands of retweets so I know that kids all over the globe felt as I do about this.

So, to the students who are not attentive in class, do not care about school, and do not want to be here...stay at home. But first, let me get your parking spot. 

Comments

  1. Parking at Lewis is terrible. Even though you can walk anywhere on campus shortly its still extremely annoying to have to park far away from your class. The tickets are crazy over priced too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment