Balance
Sometimes I think that college students do not get enough credit for how much we have to balance. From school to work- it is always a challenge. Now, throw a sport into the mix AND still wanting to maintain healthy relationships with family and friends...that is a real life #struggle.
I had to go from working 40 hour weeks to condensing it down to about 30 hours in four days. It does not sound too bad- but in the days I do not work (and still do) I have a full day of classes plus clinicals. My day doesn't just end there, though. I still have to go home and do a mountain of homework (which is not too bad because it is still early in the semester) and then finish whatever other responsibilities I have- laundry or cleaning. You'd be surprised at how good I've gotten at taken power naps. I can pretty much sleep wherever and whenever except a 'whats supposed to be a 5 minute nap' can turn into a 5 hour nap real quick.
This insane amount of tasks to balance plus other responsibilities is so stressful. I hate adulting. Yea, it has its pros- don't get me wrong. I wish I could not have to worry about paying bills but compared to others I have it pretty easy. I'm not living on my own yet- I guess my parents have decided they still want to keep me around for a while. Thank god. Other than rent, I pretty much pay my own for everything. It gets rough and sometimes I do need to ask for some financial help but I know that these few hard years will hopefully mold me into a real adult. A adult who can balance the world on their shoulders with ease. Do those even exist? Who knows. That's my view on how adults function.
I also like being stressed and constantly busy. I hate just sitting around not doing anything- so maybe filling my schedule with so much to do is my own fault. I'd love throw a club from Lewis into the mix but nothing has stood out to me. If any of you guys know of a cool club, let me know.
I had to go from working 40 hour weeks to condensing it down to about 30 hours in four days. It does not sound too bad- but in the days I do not work (and still do) I have a full day of classes plus clinicals. My day doesn't just end there, though. I still have to go home and do a mountain of homework (which is not too bad because it is still early in the semester) and then finish whatever other responsibilities I have- laundry or cleaning. You'd be surprised at how good I've gotten at taken power naps. I can pretty much sleep wherever and whenever except a 'whats supposed to be a 5 minute nap' can turn into a 5 hour nap real quick.
This insane amount of tasks to balance plus other responsibilities is so stressful. I hate adulting. Yea, it has its pros- don't get me wrong. I wish I could not have to worry about paying bills but compared to others I have it pretty easy. I'm not living on my own yet- I guess my parents have decided they still want to keep me around for a while. Thank god. Other than rent, I pretty much pay my own for everything. It gets rough and sometimes I do need to ask for some financial help but I know that these few hard years will hopefully mold me into a real adult. A adult who can balance the world on their shoulders with ease. Do those even exist? Who knows. That's my view on how adults function.
I also like being stressed and constantly busy. I hate just sitting around not doing anything- so maybe filling my schedule with so much to do is my own fault. I'd love throw a club from Lewis into the mix but nothing has stood out to me. If any of you guys know of a cool club, let me know.
I totally feel you on paying for everything except for rent, its the same thing for me back home. I agree that we have it pretty easy, but I don't want to think about paying for bills later on in the future either. Speaking of power naps, I'm definitely taking one before this class
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about naps!! My 5 min naps always turn into such longs naps that I didn't even plan for, but sometimes those naps are much needed.
ReplyDelete